FAQ’s 5th - 10th Grades
Beginning & End of the Season
- At the beginning of the season the committee collects all registration forms, holds 9th and 10th grading sessions. From there we sort all players from 5th to 10th grade into teams
- Once sorted we will advise any coaches we have to arrange a meet and greet/training sessions with their teams
- At the end of the season once games commenced, shirts will be returned to coaches and gear returned to Club (Cleaned)
- Typically after 2-3 weeks we have our End of Year Prize-giving
Are all players graded into teams?
- 5th to 8th Grade players are not graded. Teams are grouped by the club but parents can request placing players with other friends or school mates
- 9th & 10th Grades will be asked if they would like to trial for the top 2 or 3 teams (depending on numbers) usually over two nights to be advised by club once registrations completed, or if they to be grouped by the club. Requests to play with friends will try to be accommodated
Where does my child play on Saturdays?
- 5th to 8th grades play at Manurewa AFC
- 9th – 10th grades they will play within a Auckland Pool and typically play around the South Auckland Clubs
What times are my games?
- 5th – 8th grades typically rotate on 8:30, 9:20 or 10:30 starts, and can vary week to week which start time you are on so it’s advisable to check in with your Coach or AFF website for fixtures
- 9th – 10th grades can start on the hour either 9am, 10am or 11am so it is advisable to check with your Coach or AFF website for fixtures
(Click on the “Fixtures/Results/Ladders” score board beside the AFF logo)
When is training?
- Training times and schedules are decided upon by the Coach of the team, we encourage Coaches to discuss preferred times with the team and he/she will endeavour to ensure that all players can attend
What is supplied?
- Manurewa AFC will provide each junior player with a shirt to be handed out by Coach and returned at the end of the season
- Manurewa AFC will provide each coach with a ball bag and kit to ensure trainings/game days are successful
What do I need to buy?
- Football Boots
- Manurewa AFC Socks
- Royal Blue Football shorts (lotto brand recommended)
Shorts and Socks can be purchased through the club if required, football boots and shin-pads can be purchased through The Warehouse, Rebel Sport, Stirling Sports, Dressmart, etc. Shinpads MUST be worn by all players and socks must cover the shinpads.
When do fees need to be paid and what happens if we don't pay?
- Ideally when you register your child. If not these must be paid at least one week prior to the first game by arrangement with the club committee. (Arrangements cannot be made with Coaches/Managers unless they are a member of the committee)
- If your child is still unpaid the committee can request the player to be sideline until fees are paid.