FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
JUNIOR DIVISIONS (5th to 10th Grades)
What happens after you register
It takes time for everyone to register so please be patient.
- 5th to 8th Grades are not graded into teams by football ability by way of trails but are grouped by age. Parents can request placing players with other friends or school mates.
- 9th and 10th Grades are “graded” by doing trials (small pre-season games) which are held to group players of similar abilities together.
- Trials are usually held over two nights to be advised by the club once registration is completed.
- From the grading trials, the players will be grouped into teams.
- Dates for trials will be notified via our Website or Facebook pages.
- If you wish to play in the same team that you were in last year, please let us know when you register. We can’t guarantee this, but we will do our best to meet every request.
Team Leaders (Coaches)
- 1 or 2 parents from each team will need to be “Team Leaders” (coaches). Team Leaders are required to help with running training activities and games each Saturday.
- Activity folders and rules will be handed out to each team to help the Team Leaders so there is no need for previous football knowledge.
- 1 parent will need to be “Manager” and act as the main team contact for the Club.
What do I get for my money?
- Manurewa AFC will provide each junior and youth player with a playing strip which includes a shirt and shorts which will be handed out by Coach/Manager and MUST BE WASHED AND RETURNED at the end of the season. Parents must buy shin-pads, football boots and MAFC yellow socks.
- Manurewa AFC will provide each team leader/coach with team balls and training gear for use during the season.
- A portion of your fees goes towards the running of the club, maintaining uniforms, equipment, prizegiving etc.
- The remainder is paid to NZ Football and Auckland Football Federation who are our Governing Bodies.
What do I need to buy?
- Football Boots
- Manurewa AFC Socks (Socks must be purchased through the club)
- Shin-pads - these MUST be worn by all players and socks must cover the shin-pads.
When and where do I train?
- 5th to 8th Grades do two training activities and two games every Saturday morning so no need to have a training during the week unless the team wants to do so.
- 9th and 10th Grades should train at least once during the week and when and where can be decided by the team and coach sorting out the details.
Where do we play?
- 5th to 8th Grades play at Manurewa AFC Memorial Park
- 9th and 10th Grades play within the Auckland region and typically around the South Auckland clubs
What day and times are my games?
- 5th – 8th Grades need to be at the grounds before 8am to help set up for the first activity at 8.20am.
- 9th and 10th Grades are normally either 9am, 10am or 11am kick off with the game information on the Auckland Football Fixtures website.
- As some changes can be made during the week, it is advisable to check the website every Saturday morning.
When does the season start and finish?
- The first games are around the beginning of April and the last end of August.
- We usually do not have games in the middle weekend of the school holidays.
What happens at the end of the season?
- All uniform and equipment are to be washed and returned to your coach
- All team gear and uniform will be returned by the coach to the Committee as instructed.
- Prizegiving is usually held a few weeks after the end of the season. This gives us time to collate results and organise trophies etc.